Let’s talk about how to pick a boudoir photographer today!
The good news is, you have SO many options when it comes to selecting someone for your intimate portrait session.
The bad news is: you have SO many options!
As someone who has operated a boudoir studio here in Kansas City for many years now, I’m going to give you a rundown of what I think you should consider when deciding how to pick a boudoir photographer!
My 5 top tips!!
- Find someone who specializes in boudoir: when choosing an intimate portrait photographer you want to pick someone who specializes in this niche. Why? Because there is a different set of poses and use of light involved than other portraits. Because you want someone who KNOWS how to make you comfortable if you have nerves. Wouldn’t you rather work with someone who has done this hundreds of times and can guide you along the way? This is an incredibly intimate and can be an incredibly empowering experience- you want to make sure to book a photographer that knows what they’re doing.
- Someone who has a portfolio of women who look like you: this one is self-explanatory, in my opinion. You want to hire someone who has photographed people with similar bodies to yours. You want to be sure they know how to photograph women of all shapes, sizes, color, ability, etc. If someone’s portfolio lacks diversity, that should be a red flag to you. Either they are inexperienced or they don’t care about representing everyone.
- Look at reviews & testimonials!: What have people said who have shot with them beforehand? Join their Facebook group. Ask to see full galleries. Check out their google reviews. Do they have an overall positive experience in their reviews? This is so important when thinking about how to pick a boudoir photographer.
- Find someone who is passionate about it: For boudoir photography you want someone who is mission-based. Meaning: this is personal to them. They aren’t just out to make money. Here at WMNKND, my mission is to help every person in my studio walk away feeling worthy and confident. I truly believe the world would be a better place if we could learn to love and accept ourselves. I LOVE that I get to do that for my job. My main goal as a boudoir photographer isn’t $$.
- Look what’s included in the experience: Every photographer is going to have a different package model, and it’s worth looking at what’s included to see if it matches your desires and budget. If it’s not listed on their website it’s okay to reach out and ask for a pricing/packages guide. We include more value in our day of empowerment than any other boudoir photographer in Kansas City. If you are looking for more than sexy photos- you want a confidence boosting experience centered around YOU, an opportunity to reconnect with yourself and appreciate your body, and boudoir photos to remind you that you are beautiful and worthy (even on the days you don’t feel like it)- our Leavenworth boudoir photography studio is exactly where you want to be.
I hope this helps give ideas of how to pick a boudoir photographer!
Of course I’d love to see you in my studio, but more than anything I want you to have the photo shoot of your dreams with someone that you really click with!! If you wanna get to know me more, follow our Instagram here!